Naylor is a fast-growing business, making quality UK products shipped all over the world. We set high standards for our employees and reward successful candidates with excellent career progression opportunities, flexibility and continual training options. Our employees enjoy long-term careers with Naylor. Many employees have been with us for 20, 30, 40 years, progressing in different roles and learning new skills.
We have committed to engaging young people from our communities to develop work readiness skills in the future generations' workforce. We work in conjunction with local colleges and universities in all our business locations, and we have committed to further opportunities for those interested in an Apprenticeship or Graduate placement across a number of work disciplines.
We're proud to commit to honour the Armed Forces Covenant and support the Armed Forces Community.
CONNOR GEORGE, Maintenance Engineer
I first started my time in Naylor Specialist Plastics at Wombwell in September 2019 as a Maintenance Engineer. I am currently close to finishing my level 3 qualification in engineering and working in the maintenance department fixing machines and upgrading them to specification. I have worked on projects such as building the new coiling machines and doing a PLC program for a Spiral machine, which is in the process of being upgraded. I like working at Naylor due to the variation of work that is done in my role and I am looking to finish my level 3 qualification before moving on to Level 4.
TEVIN MCPHERSON, Product Sustainability Engineer
I studied Mechanical Engineering at university for 4 years and began my journey at Naylor as a Product Sustainability Engineer based in Wombwell. I've been involved in finding and reducing the carbon emissions our products produce to make our company greener. It's satisfying to contribute to a company that wants better for the environment. In the near future I plan to top-up my degree to a Masters with support from Naylor
OISIN PRITCHARD, Trainee Business Manager
My name is Oisin Pritchard and I have been an apprentice at Naylor Industries since August 2021, working as a Trainee Business Manager. I work as part of the NPP Team, based in Cawthorne, Barnsley. My day-to-day life is ever changing as I am currently working between multiple departments to gain a solid understanding of all areas of the NPP division, including creating junctions in fabrications and making band-seals in their department. I have just began studying a Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship at Sheffield Hallam University. This course is allowing me to further build and reinforce knowledge, skills, and behaviours. Studying this also gives me the ability to apply what I am learning directly into the workplace and truly understand why we at Naylor are operating in the way we are. Having to balance university work while working full time was intimidating to begin with, however everyone at Naylor has been extremely understanding of the situation and are very accommodating when it comes to balancing both tasks.
JOE ALLEN, Trainee Business Manager
My name is Joe Allen and I have been an apprentice at Naylor Industries for around 6 months, working as a Trainee Business Manager. I work as a part of the sales team, based in Cawthorne, Barnsley. On a daily basis, I complete budget/KPI reports which assist members of each team with their day-to-day activities, and planning. Looking after the majority of queries which the business receives is also something I have responsibility for. I am currently studying a Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship at Sheffield Hallam University. Studying here allows me to build and reinforce knowledges, strengths, and behaviours. This course also gives me a deeper understanding of how Naylor operates and allows me to apply my skills in the workplace. Going from College to a full time job was a daunting task, however everyone at Naylor made me feel welcome and comfortable, allowing me to build my confidence and have fun while doing it.
CHELSEA BROOK, Planning and Procurement Officer
My first role at Naylor was as a Compliance Administrator in June 2015 in our Concrete division. I had the opportunity to undertake a Business Management Degree which the company fully supported, during this time I worked within different areas of the business, which I really enjoyed and it gave me so many opportunities to progress.
HANNAH DEMPSEY, Trading Manager
I started my journey at Naylor in 2017 as a Management Trainee. Naylor supported me in gaining my Chartered Management Degree Level 6 at Sheffield Hallam University. I am now a Market Analyst and our new Management Trainees Joe and Oisin report into me. It's great to see them take the same journey I did
JACK PEARSON, Multi Skilled Engineer
My journey at Naylor began in 2019 at the Wombwell site as an apprentice. Within The first six months I had completed my level 2 in Mechatronic maintenance. Since that point, I am six months away from completing my level 3. My job entails reporting the breakdown of machinery, performing preventative maintenance and fault finding on a variety of equipment. I enjoy working at Naylors due to the friendly atmosphere and the potential to progress my education further. I would like to complete the mechanical option for the HNC in the future.
THOMAS CHUONG, Product Development Engineer
Hi my name is Thomas Chuong and I'm the New Product Development Engineer. I joined Naylor in 2018 as a graduate intern after graduating from Sheffield Hallam University. I'm based at the Wombwell site and my work is mostly for the Naylor Plastic Products division - My role involves using CAD software, meeting with design teams and visiting manufacturing sites or the lab to design new products. So I'm always out and about learning new things. Longer term - I am looking to study a Master's degree while still gaining experience from my role at Naylor and work towards becoming a Chartered Engineer.
Technical Support Engineer3 months ago
The purpose of this job description is to increase understanding of what a job entails by describing its key elements although it is not an exhaustive list of tasks and duties.
In order that the description remains a live and relevant document, it must therefore be reviewed as and when any changes occur.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer who will initially provide an enhanced level of technical support to customers. There is also an opportunity for this individual to develop and manage the processes, systems and people required to create a full technical customer support service.
- Provide technical advice to customers ranging from merchants, contractors, architects, specifiers and engineers on a day-to-day basis.
- Have a detailed understanding of the technical applications of the Naylor Drainage range.
- Effectively recommend Naylor Drainage products in construction design and schemes.
- Draughting general arrangement drawings & standard details for contractors/engineers for their approval.
- Create 2D & 3D technical drawings using appropriate software.
- Provide technical backup to internal and external sales personnel.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current legislation and standards.
- Attend commercial meetings where required to help determine specification and requirement for Naylor Drainage products.
- Recommend and put in place appropriate systems and processes to ensure a high level of technical customer service is maintained and continually improving.
- Develop the role and function as the business requirement grows.
ERP Support Analyst4 weeks ago
Marketing Executive1 day ago
We are looking for a talented and motivated Marketing Executive to join our team based at Cawthorne near Barnsley. As a part of the team, you will play a key role in supporting our marketing efforts to promote our brand, products, company and people. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, creative, has a technical understanding and is interested in managing a portfolio of building products. If you have a strong desire to make an impact in a fast-paced Manufacturing environment, we would love to hear from you.
All employees are also responsible for:
the safety, wellbeing and development of yourself and others
the quality of product and your work
your environmental impact and that of the operations for which you are responsible
the security of the Company’s assets
• Support the Marketing Director in executing product launch plans and strategies.
• Work alongside the New Product Development team to help manage the introduction of new products.
• Assist in the development of marketing campaigns, product literature, managing product information and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
• Conduct market research to identify customer needs and market opportunities.
• Support the management of the company website and social media channels.
• Support the creation of content for marketing collateral, such as brochures and presentations
• Monitor and analyse product sales data, competitor and customer activity.
1. Maintain effective communication with your Line Manager.
• Liaise with your line manager on a regular basis raising any key issues and major developments promptly.
2. HR and Health & Safety Responsibilities.
• Ensure adherence to Company policies and procedures.
• Identify training needs.
• Ensure accidents are investigated and reported in line with Company policy and corrective actions are implemented.
• Liaise and co-operate with the Group H&S Manager as and when required.
• Ensure compliance with rules and procedures.
• Be a continuous improvement champion.
• Attend meetings as and when required.
• Lead a team by example; promote team work and development of the team.
• Liaise with Line Manager to produce business plans and personal objectives, KPI’s etc.
• Ensure personal appearance is professional whilst suitable for working environment and situation at all times.
• Ensure energy, determination and work rate of oneself is at its upmost at all times.
• Recognise the need to develop oneself; identify any personal training needs and participate in relevant management training that the Company delivers.
• Ensure wellbeing of team and oneself.
• Promote a healthy work life balance.
• Ensure steadiness under pressure.
5. Business Development and Improvement.
• Look for opportunities to develop the business.
• Recommend changes to develop/improve products and product offering.
6. Work within the Company’s Quality Standards.
• Monitor and maintain standards of quality and compliance at all times.
• Investigate any issues and recommend actions to prevent any re-occurrence.
• Take corrective action if appropriate.
• Liaise and co-operate with the site quality team as and when required.
7. Adhoc Duties
• Any other duties, as demanded by the job role and as requested by your line manager as and when required.
• Experience and/or Degree in Marketing or related field
• Experience in product marketing, market research and creating product literature
• Knowledge of marketing principles and best practices including new product launches and organising exhibitions
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products